Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From Emily's Kitchen....



This is not a recipe, but it is one of my favorite quotes about cooking.  I read recipe books like they're novels.  I know it is strange, but it's what I do :).  While reading one of my pie cookbooks, I came across this quote.  The author of the book comes from a large matriarchal family in the South.  I got a good laugh out of it and yet I think it is true: 

"Mama used to tell me, 'Young women overlook an essential part of their womanish power when they think their feminine charms are unleashed in the things they buy at the lingerie shop.  A man sees petticoats and brassieres wherever he turns; but a homemade chocolate pie cooling on the kitchen table, well, that isn't something he's gonna see everywhere.'"
Patty Piner, author of Sweetie Pies: An Uncommon Collection of Womanish Observations


Here is another great quote from President Gordon B Hinckley:

"Someone has said that there is no more beautiful picture than that of a good woman cooking a meal for those she loves."  President Gordon B Hinckley, To The Women of the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment