Sunday, May 29, 2011

Design On A Dime!

How many of you are sick of your decor?  I was!  However, as much as I would like to be able to head over to Pottery Barn and Pier 1 and grab a cart full of items, my checkbook just won't allow it :)  So, I have started scouring Goodwill and the Salvation Army.  You can totally redo your room if you are willing to put in a little elbow grease!

Look for items that have good structure.  If the paint job is horrible, or the fabric isn't to your liking, don't worry, those things can be easily fixed.  Unless you are very handy, avoid wobbly pieces or things that will need to be rewired.  Put a little work into some of the pieces, and you will love the results! 

Here is a great lamp that I paid about $5 for.  I wasn't in love with the wood, the gold ring on the bottom...  or anything really.  But I did love the shape and knew that I could fix the rest!


Here is the end result!  I love my lamp, and most of all, I love that it was so inexpensive!  I picked up the shade at Ross for $4, and I had a can of red spray paint already.  So the whole thing cost me under $10!  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment